2 years, 9 months agoKeymaster
If you want to show Facebook posts in your app, you will need a Facebook access token. If you have no plans of integrating Facebook, you can leave this empty.
- Go to developers.facebook.com and click on Log In in the top right. Log in using your personal Facebook credentials.
- If this is your first time signing in to the Facebook Developer portal then click on Register Now. Registering is a quick an easy process which will take less than a couple of minutes. If you’re already registered then you can skip ahead to step 9.
- Accept the Facebook terms and click Continue.
- Enter your phone number to confirm your account.
- Facebook will send you an automated text message containing a confirmation code. Enter it in the box and click Confirm.
- Choose to share your phone number with Only Me (unless you wish to share it with publicly or with friends).
- If there is a step asking you to provide some information about yourself. You can skip this next step by clicking Skip.
- Click Done.
- Now click on Create New App.
- Click on advanced setup.
- Enter your App Name. This can be anything you like. Click Continue.
- If prompted with a security check, Fill in the Security Check and click Continue.
Now that you have created your Facebook app lets generate the access token:
- Open graph Explorer: https://developers.facebook.com/tools/explorer/.
- Choose your application from the right corner dropdown.
- From “Get Token” dropdown choose your Fan Page.
- Click on submit button to generate token.
- From the left side on “Search for a field” enter access_token and click submit again. Copy this token from the main window.
- Open https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/accesstoken and paste token here. Click “Debug”.
- Click the button “Extend Access Token”. This will generate never expiring token.
Now that we have our access token, enter the access token value.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.