7 months, 3 weeks agoKeymaster
If you want to show Facebook posts in your app, you will need a Facebook access token. If you have no plans of integrating Facebook, you can leave this empty.
- Go to developers.facebook.com and click on Log In in the top right. Log in using your personal Facebook credentials.
- If this is your first time signing in to the Facebook Developer portal then click on Register Now. Registering is a quick an easy process which will take less than a couple of minutes. If you’re already registered then you can skip ahead to step 9.
- Accept the Facebook terms and click Continue.
- Enter your phone number to confirm your account.
- Facebook will send you an automated text message containing a confirmation code. Enter it in the box and click Confirm.
- Choose to share your phone number with Only Me (unless you wish to share it with publicly or with friends).
- If there is a step asking you to provide some information about yourself. You can skip this next step by clicking Skip.
- Click Done.
- Now click on Create New App.
- Click on advanced setup.
- Enter your App Name. This can be anything you like. Click Continue.
- If prompted with a security check, Fill in the Security Check and click Continue.
- Your App should now be set up. Copy your App ID and App Secret. Please note that you need to click ‘Show’ next to the App Secret before copying.
We can use this ID en Secret, to generate an Access token. If you wish you can use this PHP script or this Python script to obtain a valid access token over the Facebook API. You can also use the tool available at this website (at the bottom) or follow the tutorial here.
Now that we have our access token, enter the access token value.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.